Are you looking for an affordable way to continue your professional development or stay up-to-date with your current work?
LinkedIn Learningis a great option that offers a unique experience compared to traditional business school education. It is available at no cost to all teachers, staff and students at Teachers College at Columbia University, and provides access to personalized courses, exercise files, certificates and more. Plus, when you pay for LinkedIn Learning, you also get all the benefits of LinkedIn Premium. In this article, we'll explore the advantages of LinkedIn Learning and provide a sample of topics and courses to help you get started.
You don't need a LinkedIn account to access LinkedIn Learning; you can use single sign-on instead. Let's dive in!
What is LinkedIn Learning?LinkedIn Learning is an online training resource with thousands of video tutorials and training resources on business, technology and creative skills. It offers more than 16,000 online courses on business and technology taught by industry experts. The pre-recorded video format of LinkedIn learning courses means that users do not have the same opportunity to interact with teachers and there is less variety in the tasks set out during the course.
Benefits of LinkedIn LearningLinkedIn Learning is an all-inclusive platform, ideal for anyone who enjoys regularly developing new skills.
Here are some of the benefits it offers:
- Access to thousands of different programs and certifications, many of them focused on business and technology.
- A worthwhile investment if you plan to continuously improve your skills.
- The ability to access courses recommended by your company in the From Your Organization section.
- A platform that organizations, recruiters, and employees rely on.
Getting Started with LinkedIn LearningIf you're interested in trying out LinkedIn Learning, here are some courses to help you get started:
- Business Writing Fundamentals
- Data Analysis with Excel
- Marketing Fundamentals
- Project Management Fundamentals